11.27.2013

Cinnamon Toast Cupcakes!!

Hi my name is Cathy and I'm a cereal addict. I think it all started when I was 2. I was in my car seat and my mom handed me a ziplock bag of Cheerios. I was hooked. My addiction quickly spiraled out of control and my family could do nothing to stop it. I would throw tantrums just to get my hands on another bag...

But every story has a happy ending and this one ends with cupcakes. Cinnamon Toast Crunch cupcakes!


Servings: 22 cupcakes  Time: 50 minutes

Cupcake Ingredients:
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar (I prefer Sugar in the Raw for this recipe)
3 large eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/3 cups whole milk
2 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, smashed into crumbs

Frosting ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
3 cups confectioners/powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp whole milk or heavy whipping cream (optional)
1 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal for garnish

Directions:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees (F) and line cupcake tins.
2. Mix together butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the eggs. Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla and cinnamon and mix until combined. Add the milk and flour and mix until smooth. Finally, stir in the cereal bits with a spatula.
3. Fill cupcake tins about 3/4 of the way with batter. Bake for 22-25 minutes until the cupcakes are golden brown.
4. While cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting. Mix together the butter and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla. If the frosting is too thick, add in milk or cream to thin it out.
5. Frost the cupcakes, sprinkle extra cereal on top for garnish and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment